12 Memorable Parenting Disaster Moments
I probably haven’t told anyone about all of these yet they deserve to be remembered and ‘treasured’ in a ‘whoa, that was a steep learning curve’ kind of way. This ‘real life baby’ memory trip is in response to the ugly volvo’s blog about what a baby book should ‘really’ record in terms of Baby Milestones.
Here are a dozen moments that didn’t make it to my son’s baby book.
(In no particular order, this is an ode to the little mister who is now two).
- The time you nearly fell out of my pouch sling when I bent down in the bush to pick up an interesting leaf.
- The time I cried more than you when you got your first shots.
- The time I smooshed your newborn face into the handle of the baby carrier accidentally in front of the doctor because I didn’t know that the handle could be put down.
- The time you made a ‘brown crayon’ and drew with it in the bath.
- The time you choked on a dried apricot that had somehow been left in your car seat.
- The time I swore with some very snaggly child-unfriendly words in front of you because your teeth were embedded in my arm.
- The time(s) we both cried and cried because I couldn’t console you.
- The night terrors.
- The time I bit my own lip (literally) because you bit my finger while I was applying teething jelly (and I didn’t want to repeat the swearing incident).
- The time you had a vomit avalanche I couldn’t contain and I stupidly spread it all over the house by pacing in a panic around the house.
- The time the air pressure changed in the car and I worked out that you had opened the rear passenger car door while I was driving on the highway.
- Your first public tantrum that sent my glasses flying and made your sister cry because you kicked us both in your rage.
Ah babies. We do love them so.